1. What inspired you to record a holiday song?
I Love Christmas music. “Christmas On The Moon” though was inspired by the fact that peace seems to be something that only exists on a dead moon. “Will we ever have Christmas on the moon?” The moon is a metaphor for peace.
2. What is your fondest holiday memory as a kid?
Frolicking in my Captain Kirk underoos and brand new Superman watch Christmas day.
3. Do you still get excited about seeing gifts under the tree? What was your most favorite surprise?
I’m more excited for my son. For me though, the best surprise was receiving the Bug Bunny doll I asked for in second grade…16 years later.
4. Do you have any special holiday family traditions?
My father’s pancakes.
5. What is your favorite Christmas/holiday song (that isn’t yours)?
Impossible to answer, but the ones that stir the most emotions are the entire Nutcracker Suite, and Band Aid’s “Do They Know It’s Christmas?”.
6. Do you have any holiday recipes you would like to share?
Flaming English Christmas pudding. I don’t know the recipe unfortunately.
7. What are your fondest musical memories associated with the holiday season?
Playing my parents’ “Nutcracker” and St. Martin In The Fields vinyls.
8. In your opinion, what is the all time best holiday song?
One that stirs emotions within you.
9. What message do you want people to hear when they listen to your song?
That we’re all friggin’ doomed.
10. Have you been naughty or nice this year?
It depends upon whom you ask.